Residents of Retirement Villages Victoria is an active and representative group for all people living in Retirement Villages in Victoria; a voice for all the Residents, a voice promoting Residents’ rights, and the voice to government at all levels.
It is the Residents’ organisation putting forward Residents’ views, ideas and opinions by:
- Contributing to policy debate and to advocates on behalf of the community of Retirement Village Residents.
- Referral to legal/support services in cases where Residents are in dispute with a Retirement Village operator or other Residents.
- The provision of information concerning the development and/or operation of a Retirement Village Residents’ committee.
- Education of its members and the broader community of the issues affecting Retirement Village Residents.
- Facilitating a collective voice on issues, needs and problems regarding Retirement Village Residents.
- Liaison with relevant government departments at both State and Federal level, local councils and relevant peak organisations.
- Promoting interaction between Retirement Village Residents throughout Victoria.
- Providing general information concerning Retirement Village matters.
- Encourage sustainability in existing and future Retirement Villages.
The more members we have the greater our collective representation, so we encourage others to join and become a member.
For details of our past and current campaigns Click Here.
For a copy of our constitution see Rules of the Association
Annual General Meeting
The 2014 Annual General Meeting of the RRVV was held on 18 September 2014. The minutes are available here.