Residents of Retirement Villages Victoria (the Association) is an active and representative group for all people living in Retirement Villages in Victoria; a voice for all the Residents, a voice promoting Residents’ rights, and the voice to government at all levels.
It is the Residents’ organisation putting forward Residents’ views, ideas and opinions by:
- Contributing to policy debate and to advocates on behalf of the community of Retirement Village Residents.
- Referral to legal/support services in cases where Residents are in dispute with a Retirement Village operator or other Residents.
- The provision of information concerning the development and/or operation of a Retirement Village Residents’ committee.
- Education of its members and the broader community of the issues affecting Retirement Village Residents.
- Facilitating a collective voice on issues, needs and problems regarding Retirement Village Residents.
- Liaison with relevant government departments at both State and Federal level, local councils and relevant peak organisations.
- Promoting interaction between Retirement Village Residents throughout Victoria.
- Providing general information concerning Retirement Village matters.
- Encourage sustainability in existing and future Retirement Villages.
The more members we have the greater our collective representation, so we encourage others to join and become a member.
For details of our past and current campaigns Click Here.
For a copy of our constitution see Rules of the Association